Worship With Us
Worship times: 8:00am and 10:15am
Worship at Bethlehem is a vitally important part of our life together as people of God. Worship at Bethlehem is liturgical, following the basic order which is centuries old while using a variety of musical settings including a setting written specifically for our congregation and led by our own bluegrass band, an organ-led setting (LBW, for you Lutherans), a piano-led setting (Now the Feast), as well as a few others. Occasionally, we have special services that deviate from the Setting Schedule below.
For more information about worship, please join us on Sunday mornings, or contact the church at 303-776-3290.
- We continue our focus on the book of Revelation this month.
- We celebrate our graduating high school seniors on May 5 and our Mothers and Intern Pastor Jasmine Tesdahl on May 12. Note: Pastor Jasmine leaves us at the end of May. Please take time to thank her for her wonderful service to Bethlehem and congratulate her on her upcoming graduation on June 5.
- Pentecost begins on May 19 and we are celebrating with the annual Jazz Service. We will also be honoring John Goodman and celebrating the Affirmation of Baptism (10:15 AM service). Red is the color of Pentecost and we want to kick it off in style, so be sure to wear red that day; red shirts, blouses, slacks, dresses, hats, etc.
- Please check the flower sign-up sheet in the narthex. Although it is filling up nicely, there are still lots of empty dates for you to glorify God, decorate the sanctuary, and remember a loved one.
- Pastor Mark’s sabbatical begins the first Sunday in June. Best wishes to him and prayers as he completes his doctorate. We will welcome Pastor Deb Abbott to our pulpit and congregation for the summer. Many of you will remember her from last year. She is currently the Lutheran Campus Pastor at the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley.
We have started a new tradition at Bethlehem. On Pentecost (usually May) and All Saint's Day (First Sunday in November), we have a special Jazz/Gospel worship service. Created and led by our own Ray Leake, he brings in some of the finest Dixieland Jazz musicians in the Denver area, writes special vocal arrangements for all the congregational hymns, choral pieces and special music, as well as the corresponding arrangements for the band. This service is interactive, in that it isn’t performance-oriented, rather it is an enhancement to our regular church service. This is an uplifting worship experience that is open to the public. The next Jazz Service is on May 19th.You won't want to miss this! Be sure to invite your friends and family.
We now offer healing prayer as a part of our worship on the first Sunday of each month at both services during communion. The prayer station is set up in the back of the church by the altar. Members offering the prayers have been trained in confidentiality, so you may share specific prayers with them. We encourage you to seek prayers for healing and wholeness.
Sunday School/Adult Forum
Bethlehem has a wonderful Sunday School program for Pre-School through 5th Grade Students, as well as an Adult Forum. Sunday School starts at 9:15am.